Friday, September 18, 2009

One Year Anniversary & Labor Day Weekend

On September 5th it was Steve and my One Year Anniversay! I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be married to such an amazing man. He is so sweet and caring to me, and always listens to me. We have so much fun together and we are always laughing. I can't believe we have been married for a year, it literally feels like yesterday and yet I feel like I have known him forever. I don't even want to know what life would be like without Steve.








To celebrate we decided to leave work early on Thursday and take Friday off and take a trip to Salt Lake since that was where we were married. On the 3rd we drove up to Salt Lake and at the Cheese Cake Factory. It was yummy! We ate their key lime pie cheese cake which was amazing. Then the first night we stayed in the Romeo and Juliet sweet at the Anniversary Inn unfortunately Steve got really sick after we ate, with a fever and he was shaking intensely so I had to go to the store and get him some medicine.


The bed was upstairs which was kind of fun.






I love King size beds Steve and I wish we would have bought a King Size bed for our house instead of our Queen. But we do love our memory foam mattress! Steve barely slept at all that night because he was so sick.



The next day he still was pretty weak, but since we were switching rooms at the Anniversary Inn we had to leave for awhile, so they could clean our next room. So we decided to take a tour of the Capital Building.

It was just redone on the inside and it is really pretty. Appearantly it is ranked the second nicest capital building, pretty cool huh?


This is the view when you first walk in they have these stairs on both ends of the building.


I thought that this room was beautiful this is where they meet with important people.


Then we checked into the Italian Gondola room, for the next night. Steve was feeling a little better, so we also took a tour at the Daughters of Utah Museum. And we went to temple square, where I got to see a sister I taught in the MTC, and we got to watch the Joseph Smith movie. I love that movie.


Then on Saturday we drove back to Utah, to see my parents who were in town and we went to Cindy's to watch the BYU game in her theater room. The boys loved that, and especially because BYU won!

On Sunday the 6th, Dan and Ali's baby Drew was blessed, and then we went to a luncheon at Ali's Aunt's house.


Then we went to Heather's house to hang out with my family. It was a fun and busy weekend, we were glad to just relax on Monday. Steve is feeling better now, luckily he didn't have the flu like we thought, he had some kind of virus that was going around.

3 comments:

John and Ann Tolman said...

The rooms are beautiful...congrats on your 1st year!

Anonymous said...

Those are really cool rooms that you had the chance to stay in. So sorry Steve was sick.

Lyndee W. said...

Happy 1st!